The data controller is Horsify B.V., Poortland 66, 1046 BD Amsterdam, the Netherlands ("Horsify" or "we"). If you have any questions about the protection of your personal data, please send an email to email@example.com.
1. Which data do we collect?
When you visit and/or use our platform or contact us, we collect the following data:
- a) Personal data you provide to us when you register a profile, subscribe to and provide us with emails, newsletters and notifications when you use our services, including information you enter on our platform and contained in your comments, ratings or responses to our surveys;
- b) If you use our online payment facilities, we will store and process your credit card or debit card details (ourselves or by a payment processor appointed by us) in encrypted form for a period of seven (7) years in accordance with the applicable legal requirements for this purpose;
- c) When you communicate with us (e.g. via the platform, email, telephone, SMS or social media), we record that you have contacted us and may retain the content of your communication together with your contact details and our responses;
- e) It is important that any personal information you provide to us when registering as a user or otherwise using the platform is up to date, correct and accurate. This includes, for example, ensuring that we have correct contact details (including email address) at all times;
2. How long do we keep personal data?
We keep personal data for as long as the law requires when it comes to administration and invoicing. In all other cases, we will keep the data for as short a period as possible.
3. Protection of your personal data
The transmission of information via the internet is not always secure. Although we always do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our platform. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we apply strict procedures and security measures in relation to that data.
4. How do we use your personal data?
In general, we only use personal data to provide you with the services you have requested, to enable contact between users, to provide customer service, to provide you with content and advertising that we think may interest you, to conduct customer research, to send you marketing and promotional emails and to notify you of important changes to our platform.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
a) To enter a contract or take action in connection with a contract or the provision of a service. This applies when you request a service through Horsify. This includes:
- - Sending you information about the services you have requested (such as renewing an ad or membership) by email (and possibly push notifications in the future);
- - Facilitating your ads and/or membership, enabling you to contact other users and taking payments;
- - Answering your questions and comments;
- - Managing your profile.
b) Where it is necessary for Horsify to do business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- - To secure our platform and systems and to prevent and detect fraud, security incidents and other crimes;
- - To verify compliance with our Terms and Conditions and to determine, exercise or defend our legal position;
- - To inform you about relevant new Horsify services and special offers, for example, by email and by displaying advertisements on third party websites, such as Facebook;
- - To investigate and respond to enquiries or complaints we receive from you or others about our platform or our products and services;
- - To conduct internal research and analysis so that we can see how our platform and business are performing and how our services are being used.
c) For which we expressly request your consent:
- - If you are not a customer: to inform you about relevant new Horsify services and special offers, for example by email and by displaying advertisements on third party websites, such as Facebook (where your consent is required);
- - In other cases where we obtain your consent, we will use the data for the purpose then stated;
- - For purposes required by law;
- - To respond to requests from government or law enforcement agencies conducting investigations;
- - To comply with legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
5. Withdrawal of consent or objection to direct marketing
You have the absolute right to unsubscribe from direct mail at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the message if it is an electronic message or by contacting us using the details below:
- - If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving messages sent to you by Horsify, you may do so by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the email messages we send to you or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the case of email marketing, your email address will be removed from our system within 48 business hours;
- - Our website contains social media buttons. This allows the operators of these services to collect your personal data;
6. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
We take the security and processing of your personal data very seriously. We may share your personal data with selected third parties, including in the following situations:
- - If you contact Horsify via a website provided on behalf of a third party, your contact details and details of your order will be shared with that third party. If you provide the relevant consents to a third party, they may also send you marketing communications;
- - To third party service providers who perform tasks on our behalf in relation to the platform or otherwise in connection with the provision of Horsify services (e.g. processing bank payments, website hosting, conducting surveys and market research, providing social media analytics, providing email services for marketing, data analytics tools and for managing customer service communications);
- - To our partners to fulfil the agreement between us. Your information will be shared with our partners;
- - To process payments in the way you choose (Mollie or PayPal);
- - If we buy, sell or transfer a business or assets, if we become insolvent or bankrupt or are placed into receivership. In this case, we may need to disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- - Please note that personal data that you post on a publicly accessible part of our platform (e.g. in the valuation areas) may be collected by third parties over whom we have no control. We are not responsible for the use of such data by these third parties.
7. Your rights in regard to your personal data
In regard to your stored personal data you have the right to ask us for the following:
- - A copy of your personal data;
- - The rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of your personal data;
- - To receive personal data that you have provided to us for a contract or with your consent, in a structured, machine-readable form, and to ask us to transfer that information to another organisation;
- - To object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (in particular, where we do not need to process the data to comply with a contractual or other legal obligation, or where we are using the data for direct marketing);
- - In the first instance, you can view or amend the data you have provided to us by logging into your online profile;
- - Your rights in relation to your personal data are limited in some situations. For example, if fulfilling your request would result in personal data about another person being disclosed, or if we are required to do so by law or have a compelling legitimate reason to do so, we may continue to process personal data that you have asked us to delete;
- - You also have the right to lodge a complaint if you believe your personal data has been misused. We encourage you to contact us in the first instance, but where this right applies to you, you have the right to complain directly to the relevant supervisory authority;
- - If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact email@example.com. Please note that no financial information will be disclosed without verification.
8. About other websites that are linked to our platform
We are not responsible for the practices of websites linked to our platform, nor for the information or content contained therein. Links to other websites are often provided merely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to users of our platform.
9. Social media and user-generated content
Some areas of our platform allow users to post their own content. Please note that content uploaded to any of our platforms may be viewed by the public and you should exercise caution when providing certain personal information through this platform, such as financial information or data that is considered private. We are not responsible for the actions of others if you post personal information on any of our social media platforms such as Facebook or Instagram. Please also refer to the respective privacy and cookie policies of the social media platforms you use.
If we change our privacy policies and procedures, we will post those changes on our platform to let you know what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we may disclose it.
11. Where your personal data is stored
13. Inspection of your data by our team
Horsify staff may have access to your data, including your profile, payment details and messages to other members. This is done to provide (technical) support, to handle complaints and to fight abuse. In short: to provide you with a safe website and a good service.
a) For transactional reasons
b) For functional reasons
Using cookies for this purpose allows us to improve and simplify your user experience. For example, cookies store the choices you make, such as the country in which you visit our platform, the language, search parameters such as date, region or treatment, and help to identify problems with our platform (e.g. crash incidents). This information may be used to provide you with an offer that is better tailored to your choices and to customise and improve your visits to our platform. The information these technologies collect may be personally identifiable, such as your login details. They cannot track your browsing activity on other websites or in applications outside the platform. We use some tools for this purpose.
c) For performance reasons
By using cookies for this purpose, we can better understand how many users visit our platform, how users get to us and use our platform, and which parts of our platform are most popular. This helps us to improve the platform, e.g. navigation and user interface, and to improve our products and services. We use Google Analytics, among other things, for this purpose. We also use these cookies to measure the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising activities. Thus, we use a number of third-party cookies, including but not limited to Facebook.
d) For targeting or advertising
These technologies store the websites you visit and this information is shared with other parties, such as advertisers. When we use third parties for advertising and targeting purposes, we may disclose the following:
- - Personally identifiable information, such as email address, user ID, location.
- - General, aggregated or anonymised data relating to your visits to and use of our platform; or
- - Information in pseudonymous form, such as a browser cookie ID/code or cryptographic hash of your email address, to help us customise and display our advertising to you on other services. This ID or code is linked to your corresponding unique code that is similarly generated by our advertising partners to tailor advertising to you;
- - The third party companies we use for targeting and advertising purposes have their own privacy policies which you should read carefully.